Sunday, February 22, 2009

Paranoia in der Strassenbahn

I considered writing this in German. It'd probably be a good exercise.

This is correct. This situation is correct. I'm going to submerge myself in life, an alternate reality. I saw something on the History Channel yesterday while I was cooking my eggs. Dumbed down quantum physics and the multiverse. There is another universe just like this one, in spite of some minor differences, and it exists in the same space as ours. That was one of the ideas. I feel that way in my everyday life. Through wormholes I travel between dimensions, not just between worlds, but between planes, realities.

And then I find that, in essence, people are pretty much the same wherever you go. Maybe that's just what "humanity" means. They come in different flavors, though, different mish-moshes of neuroses, desires, memories, talents, obsessions, experiences, thoughts, and...is that a hint of basil?

The nation of Me is similar to many but identical to none.

I've entangled myself in metaphor. It ends here.

No comments: